Use the WENE Application Builder for your own MySQL based developments!
Essentially WAB works like that:
- Specify a data model and define your table(s) in mySQL e.g. with the mySQL workbench or direct CREATE queries
- Define fields and there language dependent descriptions in function _wta_f
- For the main table define a business object header in WENE function _wbo_h
- Optionally connect joined tables with _wbo_joins to this business object
- Define frames and field definitions in _wbo_f
- Optionally create a hierarchy of business objects by defining sub business objects and connecting them to the parent business object in _wbo_f
- Define a function in _func, assign the function to an existing menu in _fma
… and you have built a function to maintain/display/upload/… MySQL table data in your new WENE application.
SQL queries and HMG processing functionality come in by macros assigned in the WAB functions.
Finally define your own WENE app in function _app and you have created a mySQL based application only or mostly with parametrization:
WENE app ab menu:
Of course this WebPage provides just a rough outline and not all parametrization tables available are mentioned.
WAB is a very powerful and flexible tool – it has to be, because all of WENE is built with it.